- TinyDuino Processor Board w/ battery holder
- TinyShield USB & ICP Board
- USB microB Cable For example, SparkFun CAB-10215
- Plug the two boards together using the large white connector on each board. The bottom of the USB Board plugs into the top of the Processor Board. Do not install a battery into the battery holder.
- Plug one end of the USB Cable into the computer and the other end into the USB board. You may need to install the “VCP driver” from FTDI: http://www.ftdichip.com/Drivers/VCP.htm.
- Start the Arduino IDE on your computer. This can be downloaded from http://arduino.cc/en/Main/Software if you don’t already have it.
- Arduino top menu: Tools>Serial Port> Select the new port that appeared when the USB cable was plugged in. Usually it is the only one listed.
- Arduino top menu: Tools>Board>Select “Arduino Pro or Pro Mini (3.3V, 8 MHz) s/ ATmega328”
- Load the Blink sketch: File>Open> Navigate to “Blink.ino”
- Upload the sketch by pushing the “Arrow” button.
- The LED on the Processor Board should start blinking.
The above explanation is in the spirit of “Just the clicks”. See the TinyCircuits site for the same explanation with more details and pictures: http://tiny-circuits.com/learn/learn2/