Device Creation (Tying symbol and package together)
- Control Panel>Expand Libraries>Right-click on desired .lbr>Open
- Click on Device Icon on top tool bar> type name of component in New box>Ok>Yes
Add Schematic symbol to Device
- Click “Add” button on left hand menu> Choose symbol>Drop on the “+” in the center of the window.
Add Package to Device
- In bottom-center, Click on “New”>Find desired package and double-click
- If package is not found, may need to copy from another library. See post on Library.
Add Variant Name
- This is optional: Only needed if multiple variants are used with the part.
- Right click on name under “Package” in center of window>Rename> Change the single quote( “) to SSOP or whatever the package is.
Associate Pads with Pins
- On bottom-right, Click “Connect”
- Highlight a Pin name>Double click a Pad name
- Click “Ok” when all assignments are made.
- Should see a green check next to variant when done
Change Ref Des Prefix
- In bottom-center, Click Prefix> Type “U” (no quotes)
- (Optional) Type “Name” > Click “+” in center of symbol, change G$1 to U1
Set Up Value
- On bottom, click button to set Value to “On”
- Click Attributes in lower-left window. Then click New. In the name field, type VALUE. In the Value field, type the text you want to appear on your schematic.
Add Description and Save
- Click Blue Description at bottom: “The FT230X is a simple USB to serial converter”